Jennifer Ackrish, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist
|Posted on August 25, 2015 at 1:55 PM||comments (5098)|
One of my areas of specialty is Psycho-oncology. For years I have provided psychotherapeutic support to individuals and families dealing with cancer diagnosis. I collaborate with the individuals I work with to help them develop coping strategies that support them in managing their stress, sadness and social changes as healthfully as possible. I also recently ran a support group at Gilda’s Club in Fort Lauderdale for children between the ages of 6 and 12 who were affected ...Read Full Post »
|Posted on January 2, 2015 at 9:55 AM||comments (1016)|
1. Pick a goal that is intrinsically motivated
Read Full Post »
• Intrinsic goals can be defined as goals that are “inherently satisfying and meaningful to you.”
• A goal that is intrinsically motivated fosters emotional growth and self-actualization.
• Results from various psychological studies suggest that people pursuing intrinsically motivated goals are happier and experience more pleasure during the pursuit...
|Posted on November 20, 2014 at 3:55 PM||comments (632)|
The holidays can be a stressful time for many Americans. According to the American Psychiatric Association approximatley 8 out of every 10 Americans anticipate increased stress during the holiday season. Here are 7 healthy ways to cope with stress this holiday season:
1. Set healthy expectations for yourself and others
Read Full Post »
• Many of my clients tell me they want to create the "perfect" holiday for their family. We all ...
|Posted on November 4, 2014 at 3:45 PM||comments (1029)|
Whether you are part of a large family or it is just you and your significant other at home research suggests that regular home cooked family dinners are good for your mental, physical and interpersonal well-being. With modern technology constantly being at our finger tips, busy work and school schedules and more two parent working households than ever before it is easy to let go of the idea of regular family dinners labeling them as “too difficult” or “unrealistic.” M...Read Full Post »